Pioneer’s new line of 2017 AVH Z-Series receivers
Pioneer Gulf FZE today expands its popular AVH platform by introducing the all new Z-Series with three new in-dash multimedia receivers for 2017. The double-DIN 7” LCD AVH-Z5050BT and double-DIN 6.2”LCD AVH-Z2050BT models are designed to complement the smart phone lifestyle of today’s consumer with continuous connectivity and access to a variety of entertainment options. The AVH-Z7050BT expands the AVH Z-Series line-up into the smaller, more universal single-DIN in-dash receiver size, providing for the first time, a smart phone connectivity solution that easily fits into many older and collectible cars coveted by automotive enthusiasts.
The units feature a redesigned, simple-to-use interface and compatibility with popular automotive specific smartphone interfaces and apps such as Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™1 and Waze®, plus entertainment options such as Bluetooth® music streaming and hands-free calling. For 2017, the new AVH Z-Series models have been engineered with an optimized PCB layout for audio signal integrity and a number of audiophile-grade components to deliver a premium audio listening experience.
“With Pioneer’s new line of 2017 AVH Z-Series receivers, we’re making in-vehicle connectivity and great entertainment even more accessible by continuing to offer popular smartphone and music services, but at a more consumer-friendly price point,” said Mr. Mitsuru Mano , Managing Director at Pioneer Gulf FZE “Plus, the introduction of the AVH-Z7050BT single-DIN option significantly increases the number of compatible vehicles, specifically meeting the demand for the latest smartphone connectivity in a form factor that can be installed into many of the unique, exotic, or simply older vehicles that car lovers drive.”
EASY SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY AND CONVENIENCE
- Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity– All models feature built-in Bluetooth2 wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Users are able to pre-register up to five smartphones with the receivers, enabling hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from any of the five previously paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices. Additionally, the response time between switching pre-registered devices is faster, as is access to music and contacts stored on the connected device.
- To maximize the connectivity options and call quality for hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, each AVH Z-Series receiver features Bluetooth AVRCP 1.6 to provide browsing capability of a user’s media library, and HFP 1.6 with wideband speech for clearer overall sound quality, making it easier to recognize and understand voices during calls.
- Android Auto(AVH-Z5050BT and AVH-Z7050BT only)10
Two of the three models feature Android Auto integration, allowing consumers to quickly connect their compatible smartphones to extend the Android platform into the car in a way that is purpose-built for driving. Designed with safety in mind, Android Auto utilizes a simple and intuitive interface to provide navigation, communication, music and more, combined with powerful new voice actions for minimized distraction, so users stay focused on the road. Smartphones running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating systems offer Android Auto and will work with the three Pioneer models.
- Apple CarPlay11
Pioneer’s CarPlay-compatible AVH Z-Series in-dash receivers offer consumers the ability to upgrade the vehicles they already own with the latest iPhone® technology specifically designed for the car. Consumers with the latest version of iOS on their iPhone 5 or newer, including iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6s, can use Siri® voice control to make and receive calls, compose and respond to text messages, access Apple Maps for navigation, and listen to their music, podcasts, or iTunes® Radio.
EXPANDED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
- USB Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
ENHANCED LOOK AND FUNCTIONALITY
- Sleek Visual User Interface– Each display in the AVH Z-Series receiver lineup is built with a clear resistive touchscreen and 24-bit true color LCD panel, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touchscreens, with increased color depth for brighter colors and more vibrant images. The five models also feature a redesigned UI with large source and system settings icons for easy accessibility and operation.
- Simple Smartphone Connection– When a driver plugs in his or her smartphone to the receiver, the unit is able to detect whether the connected phone is an iPhone or Android device, and automatically brings up the corresponding service on the screen, CarPlay or Android Auto respectively.5
- Waze Accessibility – Waze is the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation application. The new AVH Z-Series units bring the highly popular Waze functionality into the dash of the vehicle on a larger touchscreen display, making it easier to view maps and directions.6 To use the Waze app on one of the five new AVH Z-Series models, the driver connects a smartphone to the receiver via the smartphone’s corresponding interface cable (sold separately) and opens the application using Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode+, a feature that gives users access and control of popular in-vehicle apps directly from the receiver’s screen.7
SUPERIOR AUDIO PERFORMANCE
- Optimized PCB layout for superior audio signal integrity and audiophile-grade capacitors and other components tuned to produce truly premium audio
- 13 band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with expanded adjustable crossover points and slopes
- Built-in Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment provide customized audio adjustments for the driver8
- Advanced Sound Retriever®
- Ability for users to play back full HD videos stored on a USB and NTFS files stored on a compatible external HDD9
Receivers offer playback of files encoded as high-res FLAC up to 192kHz/24 bit and provide playback output at CD-quality (44kHz/16bit)
- The AVH-Z7050BT single-DIN model features a motorized 7-inch touchscreen display and detachable face for security
- All models are backup camera ready – compatible with many original equipment (OE) and most universal rear-view cameras, including Pioneer’s ND-BC8 rear-view camera (sold separately)
- Width and distance parking reference lines are displayed on the AVH Z-SERIES touchscreen to further assist the driver
- The AVH-Z5050BT, AVH-Z7050BT and AVH-Z2050BT also come with:
- A remote control to conveniently adjust volume, audio source and more
- USB Quick Charge – charges 1.5 amp Android devices
- High power MOSFET 50W x 4
For more information on the new line, visit www.pioneer-mea.com
For more information follow us on:
Facebook at www.facebook.com/PioneerMEA/
About Pioneer Gulf FZE
The Middle East arm of Pioneer Corporation, Pioneer Gulf FZE, (PGF)’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products in the Car Entertainment Arena. In line with the corporate group philosophy “ Move the heart and Touch the soul “, PGF aims to continuously touch people’s lives by introducing innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion.
Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
- Android Auto compatible with AVH-Z5050BT and AVH-Z7050BT only.
- Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
- Feature requires compatible receiver and metadata must be available on desired track or artist from which user wants to create station.
- CarPlay is accessible via the user’s iPhone cable or Pioneer’s optional CD-IU52 cable, and Android Auto is accessible via the user’s compatible Android device cable or Pioneer’s optional CD-MU200 cable. USB Type-C devices may require additional Google certified adapters or cables.
- An active data connection is required to use the Waze application. Functionality is limited when driving to reduce driver distraction. The parking brake must be engaged to access the keyboard and enter location destinations.
- When using AppRadio Mode+, Pioneer’s AppRadio App is required. Not all Android devices work with AppRadio Mode+, check the website for smartphone compatibility: www.pioneer-mea.com
- To use Auto EQ or Auto Time Alignment, Pioneer’s CD-MC20 microphone is required. The CD-MC20 is sold separately from the receiver.
- For the full list of compatible format types, visit the website- https://pioneer-mea.com. Video playback is enabled only when the vehicle is in park and the parking brake engaged. The receiver will down-res the video to the resolution format of the receiver (800×480 for AVH-Z5050BT, AVH-Z7050BT and AVH-Z2050BT
For Android Auto country availability, check https://www.android.com/auto/
For Apple Car Play country availability, check https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
Pioneer and Advanced Sound Retriever are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
Apple, Carplay, iPhone, Siri, and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android Auto and Waze are trademarks of Google Inc.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
Submit your review
Tags: Pioneer Z-series, Pioneer Gulf FZE, in-dash multimedia receivers, AVH-Z5050BT, AVH-Z2050BT, AVH-Z7050BT, Apple car play, waze, bluetooth music streaming, hands free calling, smartphone connectivity, USB connectivity, android auto