New Pioneer multimedia receivers redefine connectivity, sound quality and audio-visual functions in its class
Pioneer Electronics, a leader in aftermarket car audio, today released its new 2015 line of in-dash multimedia receivers,AVH-X7750BT, AVH-X6750DVD, AVH-X5750BT, AVH-X4750DVD, AVH-X2750BT, AVH-X1750DVD, AVH-275BT and AVH-175DVD. For the first time, Pioneer extends smartphone connectivity to both Android and iOS users throughout most of their latest models along with useful content delivered by AppRadio Mode transforming the ‘Connected Car’ concept into a much smoother one. The new multimedia receivers1(except AVH-275BT and AVH-175DVD) support an extensive range of iOS® and Android™ platforms, which now offer easy connection via their smartphone’s USB cable.
Bringing impressive sound quality and audio visual (AV) features, the new multimedia receivers enhance the experience of both drivers and passengers, who get to navigate on a smarter and cooler Graphic User Interface (GUI) and even record television programmes with the new Digital TV Tuner. From next year onwards, Toyota car owners, will have additional choices of AVH-XL5750BT and AVH-XL4750DVD, the longer variants, for a perfect fit for many of their car’s interior.
“Smartphone users continue to expect smoother connectivity so they can experience content that are increasingly playing an important role in their daily drives,” saidMr. ‘Muralidhar Masala, General Manager, Product Planning & Marketing Department, Pioneer Gulf FZE. “Our new range of multimedia receivers allows more drivers to harness smartphone connectivity through AppRadio Mode whether they are using an Android or iOS smartphone, and gives them better access to useful contents through Pioneer’s new AppRadioLIVE, enabling better control of their smartphone content,reinforcing Pioneer as the leader in the Connected Car concept.”
All the new receivers, except AVH-175DVD and AVH-275BT, are currently the most affordable models in the market that provides iOS and Android smartphone integration with:
- AppRadio Mode– Pioneer’s free and exclusive AppRadio Mode let users view and control third-party applications installed on their compatible smartphone devices on both iOS and Android platforms directly through each receiver’s touchscreen displays. Besides extending this functionality for more drivers to use mapping and music applications to enhance their journey, the AppRadio Mode has recently launched AppRadioLIVE to make such contents even more accessible.
- AppRadioLIVE – AppRadioLIVE is a proprietary application developed by Pioneer to provide optimized content access for drivers. It aggregates content through a new interactive interface divided into four quadrants, allowing users to switch between a selection of mapping, music, news information and calendar events apps simultaneously.
In addition, car owners can noweasily connect their smartphones to the receivers simply through theirdevice’s own USB cable,eliminating costly and complicated setups previously required. Additional cabling options are also available.
Impressive Sound Quality and AV Features
The AVH-X7750BT, AVH-X6750DVD, AVH-X5750BT, AVH-X4750DVD, AVH-X2750BT and AVH-X1750DVD models are designed with:
- Superb Audio Functions– Pioneer madeseveral audio enhancements which outscored other high-end models by offering the 13-band Graphic Equalizer and Auto Time Alignment. Available on these models within such a modest price range for the first time, the latter delivers a more accurate sound effect through the three-way network mode, a function whereby drivers can calibrate sound by adjusting the distancefrom each car speaker component, such as tweeter, woofer and subwoofer, to the driver. Other key improvements included a 3% reduction in speaker noise level compared to previous models, and drivers can now backup their audio settings.
- Improved Video Parameters – These models support an extensive range of video codecs including DivX, Xvid, H.264 and MPEG4. AVH-175DVD and AVH-275BT supports DivX, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, AAC and WAV formats.
- High-Quality Component DVD Video – Drivers and passengers enjoy clearer and sharper imagery on all the new multimedia receivers including AVH-175DVD and AVH-275BT with its improved DVD drive.
- Better Audio Streaming& Clearer Voice Calls – All the new models with Bluetooth compatibility have the latest Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 which allows usersto search music files from the browsing display.They can also enjoy clearer hands-free calls with the updated Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) which doubled the voice frequency bandwidth.
Cooler & Intuitive GUI
Selected models showcase more sophisticated graphics and easier to navigate with the new Home Menu Display. Besides giving quick access to the present source, Bluetooth or AppRadio Mode, users can simply drag and drop to change and customize their Source Menu Display’s order. Music Playback Display spots more shortcuts including direct access to MIXTRAX, equalizer settings and list search.
Improved Steering Wheel Control
Drivers get to control more functions directly via the steering wheel. Besides offering the usual functions of playing and skipping song tracks, drivers can now configure their buttons to rewind and even select AV source.
Digital TV Tuner
In this collection, Pioneer also introduces two new digital TV tuners, HD DVB-T (GEX-1750DVB) and HD DVB-T2 (GEX-1750DVB2), which can be operated via receiver touch panel displays for selected compatible models4, allows users to access television programs seamlessly and even record them.
Pioneer Multimedia Receivers will be available at Pioneer authorised dealers from November onwards.
For more updates on these products, please visit the Pioneer Car Entertainment Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment/
i. Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some countries, certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
ii. Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver.
iii. Bluetooth® functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
iv. AppRadio app is available from iTunes® App Store and GooglePlay™. Please use in Internet connection situations. AppRadio App & Compatible Apps may not be available in some countries.
v. In its bid to provide customers the best, Pioneer constantly seeks out new compatible applications to maximize in-car entertainment. For the updated list of applications available in your country, please refer to AppRadio App, local branches or distributors of Pioneer Car Entertainment.
vi. AppRadio mode is compatible with iPhone 5® through a connectivity kit that requires the Apple Lighting to VGA adapter, sold separately.
vii. Pioneer Multimedia Receivers are for selected Android smartphones only. Compatibility varies by Android smartphone. Please check with local Pioneer authorised dealers for more information.
viii. PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APPRADIO MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ix. Apple®, iPod®, iPod touch®, iPhone® and iTUNES® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
x. Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
xi. IOS® is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
xii. BLUETOOTH® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc
About Pioneer Gulf FZE
The Middle East arm of Pioneer Corporation, Pioneer Gulf FZE, ( PGF )’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate group philosophy “ Move the heart and Touch the soul “, PGF aims to continuously touch people’s lives by introducing innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion.
For more information, please visit www.pioneer-mea.com
About AppRadio Mode
Pioneer’s revolutionary proprietary technology, AppRadio Mode (formerly known as Advanced App Mode) provides in-car connectivity to iPhone® and selected Android smartphone users, allowing them to conveniently and safely integrate their smartphone and apps via Pioneer Multimedia receivers. True to its vision of developing the Connected Car for its users, Pioneer has teamed up with app developers to offer compatibility with many of today’s most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an increasing catalog of compatible apps for future applications. To use AppRadio Mode, users simply download Pioneer’s free AppRadio application onto their iPhone or Android device and connect to a Pioneer AppRadio Mode compatible receiver using the proper interface cable to unlock the power of compatible apps right from the dash of their cars. For more information, please visit www.appradiomode.com.